We all know the phrase “looks can be deceiving”. In the same way, there are tricks for women who are short vertically-challenged to make them appear taller than their actual height. Who walks around with a measuring tape anyway? Are you having trouble shopping for the right clothes that fit your petite figure? Here are some tips to bear in mind.
1. Keep your hair short. Exposing the neck elongates the body. If your hair is long, tie it in a long ponytail or bun.
2. Wear dark neutral colors. The secret behind this is that dark colors absorb light and make you blend in the background as opposed to bright colors that reflect light and make you pop out.
3. Wear form-fitting clothes that show your figure. Avoid wearing big, bulky and over-sized ones.
4. Wear vertical stripes. Vertical lines make a person appear thinner which in turn gives the impression that you are taller.
5. Monochromatic dressing. Wear shoes that match your pants to elongate your legs and match your belt with your top to lengthen your upper torso.
6. Don’t wear flat shoes. When you wear shoes with heels, you can wear longer pants which make your legs look taller.
7. Stay away from capris or cropped shorts. Try Bermuda shorts instead which are just above the knee.
8. Wear dark-colored skinny jeans. Contrary to what everybody has been saying that skinny jeans make one look shorter, they actually make one seem taller by slimming the appearance.
9. Wear V-neck tops: cardigans, shirts and dresses to make your neck seem longer and give you a slimmer posture.